First of all let me answer the key thing that you want to know before selecting me as your coach:
'Can I help you?' Yes! The really important thing is that my clients get results.
You don't just need to take my word for it though. As well as the testimonials showing you that I know what I'm talking about, it will reassure you to know:
• I've helped players to become multiple winners on the European Tour and I've worked with National Golf Squads, Golf Associations and top university squads.
• I provided coaching for the Scottish Government for 3 years and had to prove that I could get results before being selected to work with their staff. In addition to helping many staff let go of stress, I had around a 90% success record for helping staff gain promotions.
More qualities that make me different
• Very solution orientated, so we’ll will find a way of helping you feel good about any issue.
• Approachable and welcoming and a strong calming influence.
• I love to make people smile and have often been told I’ve got a twinkle my eye so it’s fun working with me!
What other people say makes Ed different:
"You can trust him at the highest level. When something isn’t going the way you want it, he always has a good solution, born from his incredibly positive attitude.”
– DG, Bank Manager
"Ed is self motivated and driven, but with a sense of humour (quite unique to have both)!”
– EC, Designer
"Ed put me completely at ease when I was discussing things that were of an extremely personal nature. His whole demeanour is extremely welcoming & his calming nature is a big plus in a coaching environment.”
– LM, Trainer
Coaching training and experience
I am an expert in mental toughness and what it takes to perform under pressure. I came top of my class with distinction in my Masters degree in Sport Psychology, as well as winning an award for my research.
Some clients include:
• Kylie Walker (Multiple Winner on Ladies European Tour)
• Andrew McArthur (Multiple European Challenge Tour Winner)
• University of Stirling Golf Scholarship Team - European Champions for Male and Female Teams 2015 & 2016
I have played many sports, and I’m a member at Old Prestwick in Ayrshire and have been golfing for over 25 years.
I graduated with the highest level of merit in my Masters degree in Business Management and was also part of the Department of Trade & Industry's fast track Business Leadership programme, where I gained great experience in B-2-B and B-2-C marketing, sales & customer service, financial analysis, project management & business strategy over a number of years.
I have worked in a number of different sectors including finance, oil & gas, legal, recruitment, manufacturing, FMCG, internet and government bodies.
A few clients:
• The Scottish Executive (approved supplier)
• Standard Life (approved supplier)
• University of Edinburgh Business School
• As well as hundreds of business owners, leaders and managers
I’m very driven and have achieved many of my ambitions in life (so far!) I’ve also overcome many of my fears; after living with a fear of heights for years, I’ve now enjoyed skydiving, bungee jumping, rock climbing, and abseiling. Another example is my speech in Spanish to over 350 people at a wedding in southern Andalucia - and to think I used to freeze at the idea of speaking in class!
As well as having a strong academic research based background, I have also trained with other people who get results such as Dr. Richard Bandler (the creator of NLP), Paul McKenna, Anthony Robbins amongst many others.
I’m a certified Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming and have successfully coached literally hundreds of people like you.
I know what works and have more than one approach to help you, so we’ll get you there!